Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What are you giving up for Lent?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

What are you giving up for Lent?
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:55:20 AM »
We are one week into the season of Lent.  For those who observe this time of self-denial in any form, what are you giving up?  How is it going so far?

I'm fasting from Coke and fast food.  I usually have an iron will when it comes to Lent, but not this time.  I've already slipped up twice and grabbed a Coke without thinking about it.  I need to pay a penance, but haven't decided on what that will be.  Any ideas?

Empty Nest Moms

What are you giving up for Lent?
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:55:20 AM »

Offline Flower

Re: What are you giving up for Lent?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »
I have a terrible potty mouth, so I usually try to focus on that every year. So far, I haven't had a year when it worked it out really well, but I keep trying.

I'm not sure what to tell you about penance because if you're Catholic, that should come from a priest. A couple of soda slip-ups will probably only be some extra prayers, though.

Offline Scatter

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
I do nothing different for this Lent season. I avoid meat and coffee at least every Friday. I also avoid unnecessary expenses, such as buying expensive food, going to the mall, or watching movies. I'm trying to focus on living for what really matters. Going okay so far, but maybe because I'm used to it already. No real challenge there.

I'm fasting from Coke and fast food.  I usually have an iron will when it comes to Lent, but not this time.  I've already slipped up twice and grabbed a Coke without thinking about it.  I need to pay a penance, but haven't decided on what that will be.  Any ideas?
In the past, I was fasting longer than I should have or I didn't eat meat for one full week if I couldn't control myself. Anything that required extra effort. I think anything works as long as it comes from yourself who realizes the mistake and wants to do better.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms