Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Must have some carbs!  (Read 664 times)

Offline Kidless

Must have some carbs!
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:37:42 AM »
Hubby and I have been on the Keto plan since last Thanksgiving.  It was working well until he started feeling just terrible.  No energy, no life, no nothing.  We started adding a few carbs back into his diet and all is well now.  Being a big guy, I feel like he must have some carbs.  Have any of you experienced anything like this?

Empty Nest Moms

Must have some carbs!
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:37:42 AM »

Offline CalamityJane

Re: Must have some carbs!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:58:56 AM »
I have, but it's usually in the beginning when I first make the transition. It's a little surprising to hear that he was fine with it for a while and then it changed. Does he have any health issues that would make carb restriction a problem?

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
Don't carbs break down into simple sugars?  I wonder if this could be more of a blood sugar issue (diabetes) rather than needing carbs.  He might need to ask a doctor just in case.   I believe the keto low-carb plan is more strict than Atkins.  Maybe making a switch between the two will help.  I hope he continues to feel better, Kidless!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:16:14 AM »
I haven't experienced the same symptoms, but I'm still eating the same amount that I did before, I'm just cutting out carbs. I take vitamin supplements too.  I can see how relaxing the "rules" might help though.   I hope he continues to feel stronger.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
Thanks folks.  He really is feeling better now and is keeping some carbs in his diet.  He is also pre-diabetic Quiet Abode so you may have a point there.  He takes his fasting blood sugar every morning and keeps a good check on it.  I will encourage him to talk to the Dr. about the situation. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms