Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Cauliflower pizza  (Read 819 times)

Offline Flower

Cauliflower pizza
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »
I've been making cauliflower pizza crust for a few years now and it's okay, but it would be better if I could stand the taste of cauliflower.  :85:

I've discovered that, to me, the pizza crust tastes better when it's cold, so I make the pizza, refrigerate it, and then eat it the next day without warming it. In the crust, I add cauliflower (of course), mozzarella, parmesan, crushed red pepper, oregano, and salt and pepper. Does anyone have a suggestion of something else I could throw in there that would help overpower the cauliflower taste a bit? It's tolerable cold, but I sure do miss having a warm slice of pizza!

Empty Nest Moms

Cauliflower pizza
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »

Offline Katie Ann

Re: Cauliflower pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:21:31 PM »
What about adding some garlic to the mix?  I don't think cauliflower has much of a taste, but I often use garlic to mask flavors that I don't enjoy. 

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:27:30 PM »
I don't know if I would like cauliflower pizza crust.... :blue weird smiley:  I have tried the cauliflower mashed from Bird's Eye though and they aren't bad at all. Took me a long time before I finally tried them. I add a bit more butter and s/p to them.  They have different flavors to choose from.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline Flower

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »
What about adding some garlic to the mix?  I don't think cauliflower has much of a taste, but I often use garlic to mask flavors that I don't enjoy.

Garlic is a good idea! To me, the taste of cauliflower is very strong and not in a good way, but the garlic might help overpower it.

I don't know if I would like cauliflower pizza crust.... :blue weird smiley:  I have tried the cauliflower mashed from Bird's Eye though and they aren't bad at all. Took me a long time before I finally tried them. I add a bit more butter and s/p to them.  They have different flavors to choose from.

I get the Bird's Eye mixes, too, and they're pretty good! The Asian riced cauliflower with teriyaki salmon is really good. They add some kind of flavoring to it, though, that helps with the strong cauliflower taste.

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:50:50 PM »
Thank you Bev1960 and Flower for the tips on Birds Eye frozen dinners  I just assumed all the low-carb frozen meals were terrible, so I've steered clear.  I'll give the Bird's Eye brand a try.  What do you think about Atkins frozen dinners? 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:50:50 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:58:33 PM »
I finally got around to trying the Bird's Eye Cauliflower Mashed myself. I think they are probably the next best thing to real mashed potatoes as you can get. I got the rice too but haven't tried it yet. Still trying to get my mind around it tasting like rice.... :017:

I do eat the Atkins frozen dinners and some are really good. The one with the broccoli and beef with gravy (can't remember the name right now) is really good. Makes you want to have a good ole homemade biscuit to dip in the gravy!  :rofl: You really just have to test which ones you think you would like and give it a try.

Offline ava

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
I am reading through all this and wondering how I can get myself to start enjoying pizza. I eat this once in a while, except that this doesn't happen so often. My daughter is huge fan and knows how to prepare them really well.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms