Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marriage again???  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Kidless

Marriage again???
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:39:38 AM »
I have always said that if something happens to my current hubby (#2), I would never marry again.  There are several couples in my exercise class that are living together rather than taking the plunge again and I think it makes good sense.  The kids aren't worried about the new wife or husband getting their inheritance, the couples have companionship and someone to care for them. I just don't think this is wrong.  Do you?

Empty Nest Moms

Marriage again???
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:39:38 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Marriage again???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 12:08:22 AM »
Of course it's wrong because they are living in sin!

I honestly don't care what people do and don't necessarily see a problem with cohabitation.  However, my gut reaction is to spout the same stuff my parents and religion taught me.  It's scary really.  As old and liberal as I am, that rhetoric is still deeply ingrained.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:04 PM »
Well, unfortunately we cannot generalize a lot of these things that happen around us. To me, what's important is that couples are happy, irrespective of the nature of their union, but it would be good to make things formal. Again, to each their own and I feel that happiness should always come first.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:04 PM »

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:57:14 AM »
I agree Happiness should be the first priority.  If the couple is married in their own minds and in the sight of God, the ceremony or ritual shouldn't make any difference.  It's the commitment the couple has to make to each other.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:26:50 PM »
I don't really see anything wrong with it now a days, especially if you are older and through having kids. My friends niece has been married twice and she is living with her now boyfriend, has been for 10 years, longer then both her first two marriages lasted! They are just as happy as can be and very committed to each other.

I realize it might not be/seem right to everyone, but I say to each their own.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:26:50 PM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:33:11 AM »
I am right there with you Quiet Abode.  I grew up in a very moral household.  However, at this stage in my life practicality outweighs ritual.  Like I said, if anything happens to my current hubby, I think I will be happy by myself and running with my girlfriends.   :13:

Offline Krista

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 06:06:05 AM »
I think this type of situation can work for some couples.  I believe every couple's situation is unique, so what works for one may not work for another.  I think what's most important is that a couple has a happy and healthy relationship, whether they are living apart, living together, or married.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms