Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Jumping in here!  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Nannie

Jumping in here!
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »
Well I'm kind of an 'old' 'new' member here. Joined a few years ago with intentions of posting but somehow got away from it. Came across the site again and was looking through all the post (that takes some time!) and saw this topic so thought I would put my two cents in.

I've been an empty nesters for a long time. Have 4 kids with the youngest turning 40 this year and the oldest almost 50! Have 6 grandkids and am a widow of almost 8 years.  It wasn't always easy when the kids first starting leaving the nest and admit it took a while to finally get adjusted to all of them being on their own with their own families! It's really nice now though, especially with all the grandkids. They really help keep me company not to mention busy. Since I lost my husband it has been extremely nice to have them around as much as possible. They are a real blessing. Their ages range from 6-16.  They all waited until they were in their 30's to start having a family.

I do get to see all of the "parents" too, some more then others so that is nice.

I would just have to say that becoming an empty nester can be a difficult one for some but with time and adjustment you can get through it! You just have more of an 'adult' relationship with your kids, even though you may always miss those childhood years gone by.

Hang in there Moms!

Offline BettyBoop

Re: Jumping in here!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:08:57 AM »
Good thoughts Nannie.  I'm one of the "oldsters" too with only one child and two grandsons.  My daughter lives one street over and that's close enough.  Even though she's a single mom we determined a long time ago that we couldn't live together.  I'm happy being by myself in my own home and so is she.  I do help her out with the boys as much as possible and it's working out very well.   :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:08:57 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to post this, Nannie!  It's just what I needed to hear.  I'm bookmarking your response for when my kiddo goes off to college again and I'm moping about.  I'm sorry about the loss of your husband, but I'm glad you're doing well now.

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »
What an encouragement! I always wonder what it will be like when my eldest child will be past 50 and what sort of conversations we will have at that point. I like the part where you recommend having an 'adult' relationship with the kids; it doesn't come easy! This is what I really wanted to hear. :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms