Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to handle anxiety  (Read 953 times)

Offline cherie

How to handle anxiety
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:53:45 PM »
I think we have come across anxious kids in our lifetime but when does this become a concern? I am almost certain that raising kids today isn't the same as it was years back, especially with all the technology around us. Can children be trained (from a very early age) to overcome worry?

Empty Nest Moms

How to handle anxiety
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:53:45 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: How to handle anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:09:37 PM »
I think a person is born with their own characteristics, but  their role models have a lot to helping mold them too.  I see my husband and how he talks to me, and then I see my son speak to me in the same tone and I think,  look who he had teach him how to treat me!  I think the lucky children are those whose parents raise them together, not one parent one way, and the other another.  Those are the ones that learn how to handle life and the stress that comes with it. 
Just my 2 cents.    :dunno:

Offline Thandie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
Children can be trained to do anything at all. If you teach your child 19 languages, they will grow up speaking 19 languages and to them, it will be normal. I think that most kids learn habits of worry and anxiety from their parents, and so if those same parents made an effort to show their kids a different way then that's what the kids would learn.

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
I think a person is born with their own characteristics, but  their role models have a lot to helping mold them too.  I see my husband and how he talks to me, and then I see my son speak to me in the same tone and I think,  look who he had teach him how to treat me!  I think the lucky children are those whose parents raise them together, not one parent one way, and the other another.  Those are the ones that learn how to handle life and the stress that comes with it. 
Just my 2 cents.    :dunno:
I agree with you MaryB, to some extent. The children who are raised by both parents have a higher chance of becoming better people but I also think if co-parents are in good terms, the kids can grow up responsibly. I have never forgotten how my dad helped me to overcome feelings of fear, right from the start.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 02:22:22 PM »

I agree with you MaryB, to some extent. The children who are raised by both parents have a higher chance of becoming better people but I also think if co-parents are in good terms, the kids can grow up responsibly. I have never forgotten how my dad helped me to overcome feelings of fear, right from the start.

Cherie, please share how your dad helped you.  This can help us all!
hugs

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 02:22:22 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms