Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Thinspiration"  (Read 1023 times)

Offline RetiredRingmaster

"Thinspiration"
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
Have you all heard of this trend called "thinspiration"? I was checking out my daughter's Pinterest account and saw a board titled that. The women are just so unrealistic and look unnatural to me. I'm very disappointed in our society's standard of beauty right now. In the world of Photoshop and plastic surgery, it's so easy for people to manipulate how they look into "goddesses" or just unrealistic standards of beauty. I think this is so damaging to young women today. Heck, my idea of "thinspiration" back in the day was just looking at old pictures of myself! What do you guys think of it? Do you think this is a valid source of inspiration? I would love to hear arguments for it because I can't think of any!

Empty Nest Moms

"Thinspiration"
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »

Offline celebratelife

Re: "Thinspiration"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 01:44:53 PM »
I have not heard of the term "Thinspiration" but I definitely agree with you. There are too many so called "inspiration" photos out there of women that are trim and I do not think that is a healthy way of "motivating" yourself to be more "fit."  I think it is unrealistic and makes people insecure about the way they are. It reinforces the idea that a person is not good enough just because they don't look like Barbie or fit into what the fashion industry declares a size zero. What happened to the time where Marylin Monroe's body was desired?

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 12:33:03 PM »
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this is detrimental. While the days of Marilyn Monroe being the "ideal body" were certainly better, I'm sure there were naturally thin or not curvy women who felt their bodies weren't right either. I wish we were truly in this "love your body" era that people seem to think we're in, but there's always some body type that is revered more than others (or one that is looked down on more than the rest). It's just sad. I wish we could just focus on being healthy!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 12:33:03 PM »

Offline celebratelife

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »
You have an excellent point, RetiredRingmaster. Sometimes I wonder if maintaining a positive mindset about body image is more difficult with all the social media around. But I also agree that focusing on health is the way to go.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
I think you're totally right about social media. I actually read an article the other day about how the "era of selfies" has inspired more and more people to go under the knife to change their appearance. It's just such a visual world now - and a virtual one. It's madness. I'm glad I'm not growing up now but I hate this for the children these days.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms