Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Best alternatives  (Read 193 times)

Offline Treasure

Best alternatives
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
What are some of the best low-carb alternatives you've come across? I've seen a lot of suggestions for these, like using Asian organic spaghetti noodles instead of regular pasta noodles. Some of these alternatives are pricey though so I'd rather know what I'm getting myself into before I spend. Anyone have any low-carb alternatives they'd recommend? It's fine if they're more expensive, I just want to know what's worth spending money on!

Empty Nest Moms

Best alternatives
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Best alternatives
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »
What are some of the best low-carb alternatives you've come across? I've seen a lot of suggestions for these, like using Asian organic spaghetti noodles instead of regular pasta noodles. . .
I didn't like those noodles at all.  They had no flavor and a weird texture.  Do you like them?  They seem popular among many low-carb dieters.  I recently took a low-carb cooking class and asked about alternatives, but the chef said it's about embracing foods that are naturally low-carb.  That if you're searching for alternatives, you'll be disappointed.  Almond flour replaces regular flour and stevia replaces regular sugar, but that's about as good as it gets.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »
I haven't tried them yet and after your comments, I think that's one I'll pass on! I'm super texture-oriented with food. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Oh, I bet that cooking class was fun! I'll have to remember his advice. I hadn't heard about almond flour before, so I'll add that to my list! I'm pretty obsessed with all things almond-related.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms