Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Treasure

Recipes
« on: January 09, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »
I'm a big fan of a hearty breakfast and I've come to realize that this is usually my most carb-heavy meal of the day. Any other big breakfast eaters that have found some low carb recipes they'd like to share?

Empty Nest Moms

Recipes
« on: January 09, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Recipes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:07:38 PM »
What about delicious meaty omelettes?  Fillers could include ham, sausage, bacon, cheese, or mushrooms.  I like peppers, tomatoes,  and onions too, but the more you add, the higher the carb count goes up so just be conscious of that.

Offline celebratelife

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
That's sounds like a great suggestion, JustUs2! I know of a recipe that is a crustless quiche with spinach, mushrooms, and feta, but I bet you can substitute whatever veggies or cheese (or no cheese) that you would like.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:01:33 AM »
Delicious meaty omelettes are a great idea, JustUs2! I love the mushroom suggestion amongst all the meat too to add some variety without all the carbs of other veggies.

Celebratelife, um, yum! That crustless quiche sounds amazing! I'm still figuring out how to tell at a glance how much carbs things have, but it sounds like this is a good one as is (but could be even more low-carb friendly with some tweaking).

Thanks you two!

Offline CalamityJane

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
I love eggs and veggie meats with low carb toast or a bagel. I don't eat meat, so I do have to account for a few carbs in the veggie meats, but they make a nice substitute, so I suck it up. It's crazy, though, how fast carbs can add up! Three carbs from veggie meat, two from the toast, and a couple from vegetables and next thing I know, what should have been next to nothing in carbs is at seven grams!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »
With my new found low carb flour tortillas I do a lot of wraps for breakfast.  Yester day it was a hot dog and piece of cheese wrap. Today it was scrambled egg and bacon wrap.  Avocados are great in a wrap too.  The possibilities are endless. 

Offline PattyG

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »
This is going to sound painfully simple but two boiled eggs and some fruit is usually enough for me. You'd be surprised how filling two eggs are in the morning and it's super easy to make, especially if you're on the go. It's something my mom used to do a lot and has stuck with me. Whenever I want to cut down on carbs, I switch out the breakfast sandwiches and go back to the basics.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms