Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Called ambulance for neighbor, cops came instead  (Read 1496 times)

Offline JustUs2

Called ambulance for neighbor, cops came instead
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
A female neighbor who lives alone was acting erratically before she had a seizure in front of us (we were trying to get her dressed and back inside the home).  I called an 911 because I didn't know what else to do.  By the time she had come to (but still confused) the cops arrived and arrested her.  She had a warrant out for failure to report to probation or something innocuous like that.  I told the officers repeatedly that I called 911 for emergency medical help because she had a seizure. Neither cop cared and they loaded her up.  She's in jail.  No clue if she got medical care.  I had no idea she had been in trouble before or that calling for help would do this.  I will never call 911 again unless it's for a kid, family member, or the person needing help asks me to.

Empty Nest Moms

Called ambulance for neighbor, cops came instead
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Called ambulance for neighbor, cops came instead
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »
They dont play and none of that was your fault. I would call and check with her though.  Makes me curious what that was all about.

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
They dont play and none of that was your fault.
I sure feel rotten.  She's still in jail or I would check on her.  I didn't give her name or anything, just the address.  I specifically told the operator that I was calling about a medical emergency, explained what happened, and gave the address.  I wonder if they were just aggravated that I called in the first place instead of driving her to the ER. I've never dealt with seizures before and once she came to, she was still so confused that we couldn't have taken her ourselves.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:06:28 AM »
I do understand how you feel because you did something to help her and feel like you hurt her but you didnt, really.  She needed medical attention and anyone would have done the same thing, but I would think you could call and talk to her cant you?  I mean she is not in prison, cant she have a phone call?  I dont know how that works but it seems like they have better had her tended to or THEIR butts will be in trouble! 

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:45:00 AM »
You did the right thing and the cops certainly handled it wrong. She should have gotten medical care first. It's a sad story but you did the only thing you knew to do, reach out for help.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:45:00 AM »

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 12:21:43 PM »
You played your part and that is really kind of you. Before this incident, had you ever interacted with her? It is sad that she is in jail but I also think it would help if you checked on her, once in a while.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 12:21:43 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms