Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Encouraging without nagging  (Read 2596 times)

Offline JustUs2

Encouraging without nagging
« on: January 02, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »
I hate the whole "nagging wife" stereotype. So, how do I encourage my husband to get his knee looked at without nagging.  He went once and the doctor recommended a knee replacement, which my husband doesn't want to do.  I'd him to go back and ask for non-surgical options, or get a second opinion.  He's hurting.

Offline celebratelife

Re: Encouraging without nagging
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 03:33:06 AM »
I think that if you tell him that you are worried about him and his comfort, you are saying that you aren't just there to nag him, but you are looking out for him. Also, sometimes I am honest and put it out there that I don't mean to be the nagging wife, but that I hate to see someone in pain.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 03:33:06 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:45:08 AM »
My father was an ortho and specialized in knees so I saw a lot of this sort of thing growing up. As it seems like you already know, this is so important to get done sooner rather than later. If he has a friend that you could talk to and ask him to kind of speak to him about it, he might listen to a friend better (no "nagging friend" stereotype and all).

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »
Thank you two for the sound advice! Celebratelife, I really am only concerned about him and I'm thankful someone else gets it.  Treasure, I like the idea of having a friend talk to him who has went through the same thing.  I'm going to try it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:02:55 AM »
I agree with Treasure that it would help if you got a close friend of his, to talk to him. When he gets this sort of advice/encouragement from different people, he may consider going for the surgery or any other available options. Having his close friend spend a few hours in a day with him will even be better.

Offline Mom56

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
i had a different (got o his heart, i think) approach:  cancer has touched our family;  mil succumbed to breast cancer , after a 2yr remission, at 56;  i could not convince dh to see a dr( after relaying to hm my dr told me that 'yes men can get breast cancer- it's not unheard of, but possible"-they have breast tissue,too)- i told hm ok i'll stop caring about you- i think he realized she cares that much about me

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 07:10:32 AM »
I don't care how much you care about the male in your life, he is still a male and will do it his way in his time, by golly.  This has been my experience.  Men are just stubborn creatures.  I have had to express my concern and then back off till he decided to do something.  Just make sure his life insurance is paid up. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 07:10:32 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms