Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Holidays without him  (Read 1344 times)

Offline momof3boys

Holidays without him
« on: December 31, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »
It just occured to me earlier what a big deal New Years Eve was when the boys were younger. My oldest son is not here and we won't have any holiday with him in 2018 either.

Empty Nest Moms

Holidays without him
« on: December 31, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Holidays without him
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:08:51 PM »
I think you've mentioned that your oldest is in the military, right? It has to be tough on you all without him.  Is he stateside or located overseas?  When my older brother left for the Army, I was still in middle school.  I wrote him a short paragraph every day and mailed them once a month. It felt like he was still experiencing life with me when I did that. Of course, he probably thought it was overkill, but I missed him so.  It's hard to be the one left behind.

What about your other two children?  Can they take some extra fussing instead?

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 03:21:55 AM »
I'm so sorry that your son won't be able to spend any holidays with you next year. That's awful. If it's because he's in the military, you could always try including him via Skype or Facetime. I know it's not the same but it could be some way of feeling like he's there with you.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 03:21:55 AM »

Offline Scatter

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:36:01 PM »
The technology certainly helps in this kind of situation. Written words can't replace the feelings you have when you can see his face and hear his voice for a while. I do hope you can at least keep in touch with him that way.

Is he stated in a faraway place? If it is possible, what do you think about coming to visit him?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:36:01 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms