Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: If you fall, fall hard!  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Kidless

If you fall, fall hard!
« on: December 26, 2017, 06:28:07 AM »

Our Dr. friend told us once that if you fall off your diet or eating plan, fall hard and eat all those things you aren't supposed to have.  Then the next day get right back on the diet.  That's what happened for the last 2 days.  We ate all those wonderful things that we haven't been eating in a while and I can tell you I haven't felt very well.  Back on it today. 
 :christmasBells:

Empty Nest Moms

If you fall, fall hard!
« on: December 26, 2017, 06:28:07 AM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: If you fall, fall hard!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 02:56:03 PM »
I like that advice.  You're supposed to relax and enjoy the holidays and for many of us that includes treats.  You have a good attitude about getting back in the saddle.   :cutecheerleader:

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:30:08 AM »
Already back on the eating plan JustUs2.  I hopped on the scales this morning and the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If all goes well I'll be back to where I started in a day or two. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:30:08 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »
My worry is that whenever I decide to eat the foods and snacks I have been avoiding, getting back becomes a real challenge. This could as well be a resolution for the coming year.

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »
My worry is that whenever I decide to eat the foods and snacks I have been avoiding, getting back becomes a real challenge. This could as well be a resolution for the coming year.
That's definitely me too.  I just don't have the will power like I should. I kept to the low-carb diet over Christmas and tried to keep that stuff out of the house.  I need to be tougher than I am about resisting temptation.  I always feel like I'm the only adult who lacks basic will power so it's nice to know I'm not alone. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 02:11:04 PM »
I really love this advice just because it's different than a lot of the other more militant things you read about screwing up on a diet. However, I'm with Haidyl and JustUs2, I'm not good at resisting temptation (like, not at all) so it's really better for me not to take that plunge. I honestly might not find my way out of it again!

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 03:25:25 PM »
Great advice! I think we should all have a cheat day anyway. But if you fall, fall hard! I've had some fall off weekends!

Offline horizon

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »
Is there such thing as falling too hard? My diet plan goes up and down a lot lately. I bet you know which one happens more. I haven't been eating regularly for the week and the healthy food I usually like are not inviting. Is it because of the stress? Any suggestions to get me back up?

Offline Kidless

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:14:10 AM »

Is there such thing as falling too hard? My diet plan goes up and down a lot lately. I bet you know which one happens more. I haven't been eating regularly for the week and the healthy food I usually like are not inviting. Is it because of the stress? Any suggestions to get me back up?

Breathe deeply and say "I can do this!" It's just getting your resolve and mindset back into the healthy eating mode.  If it is hunger you are fighting, drink a glass of water or a cup of coffee.  If it's appetite, distract yourself with something to do.  Go for a walk, crochet something or call a friend. 

Offline horizon

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 07:54:28 AM »

Breathe deeply and say "I can do this!" It's just getting your resolve and mindset back into the healthy eating mode.  If it is hunger you are fighting, drink a glass of water or a cup of coffee.  If it's appetite, distract yourself with something to do.  Go for a walk, crochet something or call a friend.
I forgot to say thank you, silly me! It was a situation where I had to force myself to go with the less comfortable choices for something good in the long run. As I returned to the diet plan, I found my pace again and my mood improved on its own. Your advice really helped. It's nice to have some people in this forum who can push you back to the right path. Thank you very much!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 07:54:28 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms