Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Friend gave me good advice for parties  (Read 704 times)

Offline JustUs2

Friend gave me good advice for parties
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »
One of the best things about this time of year is sitting down to delicious meals and enjoying the company of friends and family.  I like to attend and throw dinner parties and potlucks, but I also want to stick to my low-carb diet.   My friend gave me some great  advice about it.  All I need to say is that I've been experimenting in the kitchen and that I'm excited for everyone to try my new recipes because I think they'll love it and can't wait to hear their opinion about it.  There's no need to mention diets at all which I love because it puts the whole thing in a positive light and gives me privacy.  It also keeps the hostess from having to worry about my diet and whether I have enough foods to choose from.  I tried this tip last night and it worked beautifully!  I just wanted to pass it on in case anyone else has the same issue.

Empty Nest Moms

Friend gave me good advice for parties
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Friend gave me good advice for parties
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:38:46 AM »
That's a good idea JustUs2!  Hubby and I have just completed our first week on a Ketogenic "eating plan" and have already seen results.  Notice I said eating plan because we just think "diet" is a dirty word in our house.   :13: 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »
Congratulations on making it through the first week or so!  I struggled at first, but it's gotten easier as I've learned to substitute my usual foods for the low-carb option.  This is one meal plan where I'm not going hungry.  Let me know if you need any recipes or anything.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »
I love to sit down and eat delicious meals at such a time of the year but I am also careful not to overindulge. We consider this time of the year to be an opportunity to grab a few cheat meals then try to lose some weight at the beginning of the following year.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:33 AM »
Great advice! I missed the holiday diet train this year (and oh, how I wish I hadn't!) but hopefully I'll be going strong with my no-carb diet by the time the holidays are rolling around in another eleven months. I'll make sure to keep these in mind. But these are great for any parties, so I'm sure I'll be using these much sooner than that. Thanks!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:33 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms