Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting back into gardening  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Treasure

Getting back into gardening
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
I'm hoping to get back into gardening this year. I have a few things in my garden but I'd love to have some more edible plants (and pretty flowers!) in my yard. What do you all have in your garden?

Empty Nest Moms

Getting back into gardening
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Getting back into gardening
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »
I had to reduce the size of my garden to pots after we moved to a smaller house.  I have a large pot of lettuce that went to seed, reseeded itself and is really beautiful now.....in December.  We live in a mild climate.  I also had 2 large pots of spring onions and a couple of pots of peppers.  I enjoy my "pot" gardening. 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 07:40:38 AM »
Right now I have two jalapeno's and one green bell pepper coming on my clay pot garden... lol  Not that I have tended to them.  I have left my poor plants be ignored. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 07:40:38 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »
MaryB, that's what usually ends up happening to my plants but I'd like to change that this year!

Kidless, maybe potted plants are the way to go. I'll have to look into that. I've never grown lettuce before but I have no idea why I haven't. It's seem like easy upkeep but I could be wrong about that.

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 06:07:10 PM »
I had to reduce the size of my garden to pots after we moved to a smaller house.  I have a large pot of lettuce that went to seed, reseeded itself and is really beautiful now.....in December. 
I'm ready for spring!  About the lettuce seeds, do you remember what they were called?  I'd love to have some that reseed.  My climate area is changing too.  I cut the sage and mint plants back as usual, but they continued putting out more new growth until the end of December.  It did not taste good though.  Very bitter.  How was the lettuce?

MaryB., you have the cutest pups!

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:16:07 AM »
I had a knee replacement several years ago and can't get around in the garden like I used to.  Since I love fresh veggies, I have managed to plant my garden in my flower beds close to the house.  There are flowers there too so it all comes out looking very pretty.  I do onions, lettuce, peppers, beans and swiss chard.  Can't wait to get started this year. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:16:07 AM »

Offline Nannie

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:06:29 PM »
I'm ready for Spring and a nice veggie garden!  I'm going to try container gardening this time around. Maybe some yellow squash, peppers, tomatoes and ??? Has anyone else had good luck with this type of a garden?

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
First, good to see you popping in Nannie.... :039:  I'm no expert on container gardening but we have done it in the past and plan on doing it again this Spring. I do know we used Miracle Grow in our pots and that helped a lot. We had some nice looking squash and tomatoes plus some peppers.....Good luck! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms