Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Traveling for the elderly  (Read 1794 times)

Offline horizon

Traveling for the elderly
« on: March 16, 2018, 11:13:18 PM »
People may feel bored to stay in one place for a long time. My parents were not the traveling type when they were young mostly because they didn't have the time for it, but I hope to change it now. What kind of place do you suggest I should visit? Anything to worry about other than accessibility and food?

Empty Nest Moms

Traveling for the elderly
« on: March 16, 2018, 11:13:18 PM »

Offline BettyBoop

Re: Traveling for the elderly
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:38:58 AM »
Are you talking about day trips, week long vacations or traveling abroad?  Most places have arrangements for the elderly and handicapped.  When booking a room, make sure it has a walk in shower and an elevator to the floor where the room is located.  I really think the first thing you should do is talk with your parents to see if they want to travel anywhere.  I had the same notion with my mom and come to find out she really did not want to go anywhere.  She was perfectly happy at home. 

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 05:14:11 AM »
You raise a really good point BettyBoop. It will be pointless to plan everything yet realize that they do not want to go anywhere. Even in such an instance, you can nicely talk to them and probably start with destinations that are not far off.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 05:14:11 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:33:44 AM »
My husband used to assume that his father wouldn't want to travel because he was a homebody who didn't travel very much. But any suggestion of a day trip and he was all over it! Anything longer than a day usually stressed him out though. So I might start off with suggesting something small, just to see how they handle it. If they're fine with that (or you want to start off with something bigger), I suggest looking at cruises. They usually have something for all ages and there are some that are specifically for the older crowd.

Offline horizon

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »
Bettyboop, that's a good point. My parents aren't the honest type. In the past, there were times when they were actually happy that someone brought them out even when they didn't say anything. Now that they are not doing much at home, I think a breather outside will be appreciated, as long as it's nothing complicated.

Which places did your parents enjoy? I think they are bored of parks and malls, so I'm trying to find something new but still simple and safe.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms