Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I swear I've gotten messier  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Treasure

I swear I've gotten messier
« on: December 17, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »
Now that all of the kids are out of the house (again), I've found that I've been letting some of my perfectionist tendencies go. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. I feel more relaxed but also almost get appalled with myself when I see I left dirty dishes in the sink or have left books sitting out and didn't put them back on the shelves. It's like I'm reverting to the habits of my younger days. My husband seems to be doing the same. Is this happening to anyone else?

Empty Nest Moms

I swear I've gotten messier
« on: December 17, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »

Offline haidyl

Re: I swear I've gotten messier
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
You are not alone. I used to have perfectionist tendencies and mild OCD, until the kids left. Nonetheless, I am a happy that inasmuch as I am experiencing some laxity now, it served the purpose. My son and daughter had to learn from the best.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »
Oh my yes!!! You have no idea how relaxed I have become.  I believe I could be a slob if I let myself.  Every now and then I get a spark and clean it all up.  Then it starts all over again. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:25:50 PM »
You guys have no idea how glad I am to hear I'm not the only one! I honestly thought it would get worse once the children left because I'd have to much time on my hands and could truly have everything "just so" without having to worry about anyone messing it up. You're right though - the laxity has been nice and I'm glad I still get my spark often enough so things don't get too bad!

Offline Blaire

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 06:24:17 AM »
I totally agree with you that this could be because as parents we wanted to teach our children the best way we could. Now that they're gone we don't feel the need to always do things the way we used to and we can relax a little more.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 06:24:17 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms