Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Finding new friends  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Blaire

Finding new friends
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:33:03 AM »
I just moved to a new area where it seems that everyone falls into an age group way below mine. I have been out on walks around my neighborhood almost every day in the past couple of weeks but I am yet to meet anyone my age. How can I find other people here my age without knocking on doors?

Empty Nest Moms

Finding new friends
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:33:03 AM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Finding new friends
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
Can you ask on a Facebook group for your area?  Check in the paper for activities that people your age are likely to enjoy and head to them too.  You could also try volunteering.  Making new friends as an adult is tough, especially once the kids are grown and you no longer have a set of automatic peers centered around the kids.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
I've had a problem with this too. It can be really hard! I've found volunteering to be a good way to meet people. I've also found a book club in my area on Facebook so I'm hoping that will work out well! You could always check around for activities in your area that interest you on FB or other social media.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »

Offline Blaire

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions. At least now I have a lot of ideas to follow up on. I think I'll start with the easiest - looking for a Facebook group, then I'll try to find out about any activities going on in the area.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms