Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Oh, politics.  (Read 145 times)

Offline Treasure

Oh, politics.
« on: December 10, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »
Politics seem to be all anyone can talk about anymore and I just don't have the patience/serenity to deal with all of the caustic conversation. Even when people agree on things they're still just complaining and ranting. My parents can be a little aggressive about their views (I find that happens the older you get) and my husband cannot resist an argument, even though he tries. I try to always have a "no politics" rule for the holidays to avoid these situations but it never seems to work out well. Anyone else struggle with this over the holidays when the whole family gets together?

Empty Nest Moms

Oh, politics.
« on: December 10, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Oh, politics.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
Yes!  When people are coming over, I block all the news channels and hide every newspaper.  I highly recommend HGTV if folks will be there for several hours.  They never discuss politics on that channel. Both the commercials and programs are safe as can be.  Do you have any tips to share?  Goodness knows I could use them too.   I don't understand why folks can't let it go for a holiday visit.  All that anger gets to me.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:05:27 AM »
It happens here more than just during the holidays.  Fortunately, we are all in agreement most of the time.  It's sad when families can't leave it at the door for Christmas dinner.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »
JustUs2, HGTV is a good idea! I try to avoid turning on the television at all, but of course, it always happens. So that's a nice idea to keep things a little tamer. I wish I had some good tips to share but none of mine seem to work all that well. I just always try to distract people with board games. It works for a little while.

Kidless, that's true, it happens more often than just during the holidays. It must be nice to have a family that's all in agreement, but even then I find it can be a tiring experience...especially during a time when everyone should be celebrating the things that are good in the world, you know?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »

Offline Becki

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »
My family has a hard time agreeing with anything when we are together.  It is part of what makes us, well us.  The rules are not to hurt anyone's feelings while they "discuss" and if they violate, no dessert!

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:30:05 PM »
My dad is the same way. My mom just says things to get him going. I try not to talk about politics. I have opinions but I hate arguing about them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:30:05 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms