Empty Nest Moms

This is for general chat, if you are new to posting PLEASE make your first post in one of the topics below. Thanks!

Author Topic: Friend gave me good advice for parties  (Read 30 times)

Offline JustUs2

Friend gave me good advice for parties
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »
One of the best things about this time of year is sitting down to delicious meals and enjoying the company of friends and family.  I like to attend and throw dinner parties and potlucks, but I also want to stick to my low-carb diet.   My friend gave me some great  advice about it.  All I need to say is that I've been experimenting in the kitchen and that I'm excited for everyone to try my new recipes because I think they'll love it and can't wait to hear their opinion about it.  There's no need to mention diets at all which I love because it puts the whole thing in a positive light and gives me privacy.  It also keeps the hostess from having to worry about my diet and whether I have enough foods to choose from.  I tried this tip last night and it worked beautifully!  I just wanted to pass it on in case anyone else has the same issue.

Empty Nest Moms

Friend gave me good advice for parties
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Friend gave me good advice for parties
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:38:46 AM »
That's a good idea JustUs2!  Hubby and I have just completed our first week on a Ketogenic "eating plan" and have already seen results.  Notice I said eating plan because we just think "diet" is a dirty word in our house.   :13: 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »
Congratulations on making it through the first week or so!  I struggled at first, but it's gotten easier as I've learned to substitute my usual foods for the low-carb option.  This is one meal plan where I'm not going hungry.  Let me know if you need any recipes or anything.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »
I love to sit down and eat delicious meals at such a time of the year but I am also careful not to overindulge. We consider this time of the year to be an opportunity to grab a few cheat meals then try to lose some weight at the beginning of the following year.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms