Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Homeless person asking for money  (Read 725 times)

Offline haidyl

Homeless person asking for money
« on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »
Should you always dismiss a homeless person that approaches you and asks for money to buy food? I have always gone with what my gut feeling will be telling me at that point. I have helped and resented others in equal measure (before).

Empty Nest Moms

Homeless person asking for money
« on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Homeless person asking for money
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »
I have different opinions on this subject.  I have gave then food before, and I have seen them take money and buy alcohol with it.  Part of me says to help them and that's our part and what they do with it is on them.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »
If I have cash, I always give money - even when I assume they're just going to get their next fix. Two moments from my childhood, both involving my father, have stuck with me and have made me always want to give more money.

The first: There was a man, woman, and two children on the side of the road. My dad gave them money and they thanked him profusely and then ran down the hill right to the grocery store. It was the first time I'd seen someone who was that desperate for food and how not everyone who holds up a sign is just looking for a fix (as my mother usually assumed).

The second: My dad gave money to someone who reeked of alcohol and was right outside of a liquor store. He gave him money and I said, "Isn't he just going to go buy more alcohol with it?" And he shrugged and told me, "I bet he needs that more than anything I'd spend that ten bucks on." That stuck with me.

Finally, I have a brother who has been addicted to drugs since he was fifteen. I always imagine these people will be him one day - so I start seeing them as people, with a family who cares about them or are worried about them...I think it's too easy to dehumanize them sometimes.

All that being said, if the person is aggressive or rude, that may sway my opinion.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms