Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starting a book club  (Read 2031 times)

Offline MagicMindy

Starting a book club
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:27:11 PM »
There's a book club in town that I go to sometimes but they don't typically pick books that I enjoy reading. I've been thinking of making my own but I have no idea where to start! Has anyone ever started a book club before? What sort of fun events did you do? Did you stick to certain genres or explore them all?

Offline cherie

Re: Starting a book club
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:04:00 PM »
Joining a book club helped me venture into other genres that I had never considered before. It wasn't easy at first but being held accountable by others was a great idea. Besides, we didn't just stick to reading all the time; we would meet and take nature walks and this helped us to bond. We are still great friends, to this day.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:04:00 PM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:55:06 PM »
I've never done nature walks with a book club before. That sounds neat! It could be especially cool if you could somehow tie things like that into the books you're reading. I've seen some neat subscription boxes out there for people who have book clubs. Maybe you should look into those. I've been thinking of trying one myself.

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 06:52:42 PM »
Cherie, it is nice that it holds you accountable to reading things that you wouldn't normally read. I've enjoyed some books that I would never have picked up on my own because of them! However, they focus a lot on romance (usually with quite a bit of smut) and that just gets tiring after a while. Nature walks are fun! Was it somehow related to what you were reading or did you all just do activities outside of books to help you all bond? How large is your book club?

Treasure, I've never thought about checking out subscription boxes for something like this. Do you remember what the subscription box was called? I remember seeing one for books focused on various locations around the world. That could be fun because there could be a lot of fun activities you could do that focus on the culture of the places you're reading about.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
I sure do! It's called Once Upon a Book. From what I can gather, it looks like the genres vary each month and everyone gets the same book. It'd be nice if they could offer a couple of options each month but that would be a whole lot of work for them. You'll have to let me know if you try it. I think I know which one you're talking about! It's The Wordy Traveler. That's been on my wish list for a while now.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms