Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rosebush won't go dormant  (Read 1708 times)

Offline JustUs2

Rosebush won't go dormant
« on: November 19, 2017, 11:04:50 AM »
Global warming has significantly impacted the plants in my neck of the woods.  I have several plants that are still growing beautifully and blooming including my mini rosebush.  It hasn't gone dormant. I've tried helping it along by withholding water and allowing the blooms to fade naturally.  Is there anything else I can do?  It's still putting out new growth and fresh blooms!  It's cold enough here that it makes the plant unhappy, but not cold enough to send it into dormancy.  It's a potted plant so I can move it if necessary.  What else should I try?  This is an important plant because it was my mothers before she passed away.   

Empty Nest Moms

Rosebush won't go dormant
« on: November 19, 2017, 11:04:50 AM »

Offline Flower

Re: Rosebush won't go dormant
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
I'm not a big rosebush person because I find them to be too finicky for my gardening tastes, but I do recall reading somewhere about a spray that will help them to go into dormancy. I do hope hope you found a solution and that you don't lose the bush.

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »
I've never used this myself, but I've read that in warmer climates it's normal for rose bushes not to go dormant. Rather than trying to force it to do so, you're supposed to prune severely and remove any remaining live leaves so that it can rejuvenate itself. I was worried I wasn't remembering that correctly, so I looked it up. This site says that's what you're supposed to do. However, like I said, I haven't tried this myself, so you might want to look through some other sources as well.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms