Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Very Messed Up Thanksgiving  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Serenity

Very Messed Up Thanksgiving
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »
I recently met, fell in love with and moved in with a my boyfriend. Everything moved fast for us, but it felt right. While we are very happy he wants to spend the holidays with his ex and her family (his old family). On top of this, his ex has invited me to spend the holidays with them as well! I find the whole thing very odd.

I am trying my best to understand. This was his family for 15 years and the only real family he has. However, I feel spending Thanksgiving with them is a bit messed up. And to drag me along is insane! I have two choices...stay home and eat Thanksgiving dinner alone of go to the ex's house.

Empty Nest Moms

Very Messed Up Thanksgiving
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Very Messed Up Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
 :(   I am probably going to be the only downer here but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
How old are his children?  People may think that is good and healthy, but I dont.  He makes me angry and I am not you!  I want to pick you up and bring you to have dinner with us..   :dunno:

Offline Serenity

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:21:06 PM »
The even more messed up part...they have no kids!!! It will be the ex, her daughter from a prior marriage, son in law and their child (daughter & son in law)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:21:06 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
 :017:   That's it!!!   Pack your bags I'm coming after you! 

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »
Wow, I thought my situation was messed up. I say, don't go. Tell him you are not going. If he chooses to go, I'd say take that time to pack your stuff. Your feelings count!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »
It would be really odd for all of you to be gathered at the same place. It isn't like he's forcing you to go, right? Now that Thanksgiving Day came and went, what did you decide upon?

Offline Serenity

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
I went and everything was fine. His ex was very welcoming and warm. I think it is all very odd to be honest, but I guess they just didn't look at it that way.

As an update, a month later...I really do not see this relationship working out in the long run. I have tried my best, given everything I have but sometimes people just want different things in life. It breaks my heart but better to find out now then years down the road.

Thank you to everyone who took time to listen and gave such wonderful advice!

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 04:19:13 PM »
Hi Serenity....glad things went ok at the Thanksgiving dinner but sorry to hear that you don't think the relationship will work out in the long run. But, as you said, better now then later. Most would just 'settle' and try to go forward to see how it goes. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Hope you have a nice Christmas and do stay in touch with us here if you can!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
Splitting is always hard, no matter what, but around the holidays they hurt worse.    Big hugs to you dear friend...   big hugs   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms