Empty Nest Moms AND Dads! > The Grieving Room

My aunts funeral helped me in a way

(1/1)

momof3boys:
A few months back my aunt, my fathers sister passed away. While I was not close to her I did attend her funeral. It was a prayer service and I felt it helped me say good bye to my father in a proper way as well. The prayers were for my aunt and the way it was worded it said also relatives that had gone before her. There was no service for my father when he died as he was considered a street person. I always felt a tremendous burdon about this. I did not have my father in my life very much but I did love the good times I had with him. It was hard but Im glad I went. My husband was kind enough to go and my youngest son.

Elizabeth:
Sounds like you were having some underlying feelings about your father. It's sad that you didn't have much of a life with him but I'm glad  you are feeling better about things now after your aunt's funeral. It was good that you went.

:big hug smiley sign:

Treasure:
I am so sorry that you've been having to carry that burden around with you. That's heartbreaking and also completely understandable. I'm glad that your aunt's funeral allowed you to feel like you got to say goodbye to your father. It sounds like it was a good thing you went and had your family there to support you as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version