Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Do you stick with a healthy diet through the holidays?  (Read 647 times)

Offline JustUs2

Do you stick with a healthy diet through the holidays?
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
Do you usually stick to your special diet over the holidays?  I know some folks are careful about avoiding sugar, or carbs, or fat, or anything not related to the paleo diet.  Just wondering if you take a break and eat all the delicious food during the holidays.  I'm on the low-carb diet and it's going well, but my willpower isn't strong when it comes to food. So, I'm trying to keep it out of the house all together and am planning a low-carb Thanksgiving feast. Is that too weird for my guests?

Empty Nest Moms

Do you stick with a healthy diet through the holidays?
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »

Offline amsmomm

Re: Do you stick with a healthy diet through the holidays?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »
I wish I could say yes, but that would be a lie. I try my best but people bring in goodies all the time. Homemade cookies and candy ~ oh my. I just work put more during the holidays.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »
My holiday splurging is what's making me want to give the low-carb diet a shot! So no, I didn't watch myself this holiday season although I always pretend that I'm going to do it. I've at least learned to avoid that eggnog at all costs.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »
I would also be lying to say that I stick to a particular diet during the holidays. I love to refer to this period as my 'cheat season'. January will be the time to get back to the usual routine.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms