Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dealing with second round of empty nest  (Read 908 times)

Offline Treasure

Dealing with second round of empty nest
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
My youngest son went to college three years ago - should've been two but I'd foolishly made that decision to let him skip a grade and lost my baby a year earlier than I would have otherwise. Thankfully, he's done well. My eldest son, Matt, moved back into our house two years ago after graduating college. He was having a difficult time finding a job and needed somewhere to live. After a year with no kids, my husband and I were starting to enjoy the Empty Nest life, but now that Matt has found a job and moved away, I'm having a hard time recapturing the positives of being without kids in the house. It just feels so lonely and empty in the house now, even when my husband is home. We both feel a little purposeless and I'm struggling with grief and guilt over my grief. Matt moved across the country for his job. While it's a great opportunity, it's the furthest any of my children have been from me, well, ever. I know I should be happy for him, and I am, but I'm also sad for me. He's the first to have really "grown up", you know? But I feel guilty for being sad about it. This is what's supposed to happen. It means I've done my job right, right? Has anyone else dealt with this before?

Empty Nest Moms

Dealing with second round of empty nest
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »

Offline cherie

Re: Dealing with second round of empty nest
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »
I have actually been in a similar situation but thankfully, it wasn't so bad the second and third time. My son came back home when he'd been sent on assignment and for the two months he was around, he ensured that we made up for the 'lost' time. I hope that you will begin to feel better soon enough.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
I'm glad to hear it wasn't so bad your second and third time around. That's so nice that you and your son got to make up for lost time. I'm sure I'll start remembering the positives again (i.e. what to do with myself) soon enough. It all just happened very suddenly. Thank you for the support!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms