Empty Nest Moms

This is for general chat, if you are new to posting PLEASE make your first post in one of the topics below. Thanks!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feeling like a Traitor  (Read 83 times)

Offline Kidless

Feeling like a Traitor
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:28:23 AM »
Well, it has finally come down to putting mom in a nursing home for her own safety.  She is constantly dizzy and is falling quite a bit lately.  This is a general consensus among the family, her included, so it won't be a surprise.  I just can't get over feeling like a traitor and hoping I don't lose my emotions next week when we take her to the home.  Maybe if ya'll could send up a little prayer for me, it would be appreciated. 

Empty Nest Moms

Feeling like a Traitor
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:28:23 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Feeling like a Traitor
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »
I'll be praying for you and your mother, Kidless.  I'm sorry it's come down to this, but I think it speaks volumes that you're so worried for her.  Falling down is so dangerous at that age.  It sounds to me like you all are just looking after her.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »

Offline LannieD

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
Hi kidless, I know how you feel but please don't feel bad. We were faced with something similar with my father but he was wanting to go into an assistant living home and I was feeling guilty about it. But, in the long run it has worked out. Since I was here last he visited the one near us and we are moving him in within the next couple of weeks.

Sometimes you just need to do what you have to and I'm sure your mother understands that. Hope that it is close so that you can visit often for your sake as well as your mothers.

:big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 06:58:19 AM »
Thank you all for the encouragement.  Mom went in on Wednesday and is doing well so far.  I worried more about her the first night than I should have.  I kept thinking, will she find her pajamas, will she get to the bathroom alright, etc, etc.  Everything went well and she is settling in nicely.  I can finally relax and know she is safe.  :)

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »
Thanks for updating us, Kidless.  I'm glad to hear that it's going well and that she is adjusting.  It's sweet of you to care so much about her.  I bet she'll make lots of friends in no time.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms