Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: What do you miss most about your childhood/young adult years?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

What do you miss most about your childhood/young adult years?
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »
I miss my loved ones who have passed on, of course.  I also miss having a snappy metabolism and genuine quiet time.  The world seems to be in such a noisy, chaotic, rush now.

Offline Kidless

Re: What do you miss most about your childhood/young adult years?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:53:22 AM »
I miss the total lack of responsibility I had.  The weight of the world on my shoulders has worn me down over the years.  I miss my grandparents and the total lack of pain in my body.  I am very blessed to still be going as well as I am but I do miss those carefree times. 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
I miss slow holidays.  I distinctly remember that they used to be about spending time with family and a few close friends.  Now the holidays are so hectic and stressful.  It just seems to add more to the to-do list.

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 04:40:28 AM »

I also miss the quiet time where I didn't have to worry about bills and everything else. I always look back and wonder why times have changed so drastically. Memories are also made of my childhood friends that I haven't seen for a while; life used to be so sweet then!

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms