Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Star Gazing  (Read 957 times)

Offline Indiana

Star Gazing
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:03:44 PM »
I just picked up a telescope at a yard sale. This is something I've always wanted to do but never have. Look at the stars and the moon through a telescope.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which part of the sky I should start with?

Empty Nest Moms

Star Gazing
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:03:44 PM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Star Gazing
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:04:42 AM »
Hi Indiana, how much did you spend on the telescope? There are those that are specifically meant for beginners and they usually range from $150-$600. Depending on the quality of your device, you may be able to see the moon, sun and the other planets. I have only previously used a binoculars to try and explore some astronomical objects.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
haidyl, I've read that starting with binoculars is the way to go because it gives you a wider field of vision which makes it easier for you to find out where you are in the night sky.

Learning what's in the sky and what to look for is obviously a big deal. This may be the cheater's way out, but I used to use an app on my smartphone that, when I pointed it around the night sky, would show me what the names of constellations, stars and planets were. I can't recall the name of it now but I know there are several options out there (I would suggest not using one of the free ones unless the reviews are amazing). It can just help give you a general feel for the night sky and you can see what the stars/planets are that jump out at you when looking at it.

I hope you're having fun with it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »
haidyl, I've read that starting with binoculars is the way to go because it gives you a wider field of vision which makes it easier for you to find out where you are in the night sky.

Learning what's in the sky and what to look for is obviously a big deal. This may be the cheater's way out, but I used to use an app on my smartphone that, when I pointed it around the night sky, would show me what the names of constellations, stars and planets were. I can't recall the name of it now but I know there are several options out there (I would suggest not using one of the free ones unless the reviews are amazing). It can just help give you a general feel for the night sky and you can see what the stars/planets are that jump out at you when looking at it.

I hope you're having fun with it!
Wow, star gazing seems very interesting. In fact, I am going to look for all the apps that may be of help. Does it make things better when there's a full moon, for instance.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms