Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's tough again after a long visit  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

It's tough again after a long visit
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »
My son came home for about a week because he had time off from school and work.  It was wonderful to visit with him and know that he was safe at home.  He's thriving on his own and we're proud of him, but it sure is tough now that he's left again.  Is that normal?  Will it always feel this way?  I'm happy with my empty nest and don't want my kids to move back in, but I keep catching myself looking for him. 

Empty Nest Moms

It's tough again after a long visit
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »

Offline haidyl

Re: It's tough again after a long visit
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:02:28 AM »
It's very normal, plus I realized that they don't like it when we are trying so much to reach out. My husband jokes that they are loving their new-found space, besides trying to adapt to it. Nonetheless, I can't stop myself from checking on them every so often, and I believe it is normal, especially for us mothers.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:58 AM »
It is a normal "mom" thing to check on your kids.  My son lives only 8 miles from me and I see him several times during the week.  But I still check on him if I know he's having challenges.  I also make him text me when he arrives home safely from my house.  It's just a mom thing.   :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:58 AM »

Offline NanaBee

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »
It is definitely normal to feel like this when they go back away again after staying a while. I feel exactly the same when it happens. At Christmas is the worst for me when you have a house full of people and then suddenly it is empty again.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
Fathers to daughters is the same thing. They will always be a part of you. For me, it's just easier to minimize the contact. Make the visits shorter, but more meaningful.

Offline Becki

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 10:05:21 AM »
My daughter comes for a visit with my granddaughter and I automatically get put into the role of babysitter.  I don't really mind, however, I would like more time to really talk to my daughter.  She would rather visit with her friends.  I guess I'll just have to get used to that. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 10:05:21 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »
I always tell my kids that they shouldn't stay away from too long because the house always feels so empty whenever they leave after a visit. It is perfectly normal to feel that way, after they leave.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms