Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: How long have you been on the low carb diet? How do you make it work?  (Read 307 times)

Offline Katie Ann

I remember when I first started on the low carb diet, I didn't think I'd ever be able to stick with it.  But, now I can say that I've never felt better.  Although it was hard at first, I found websites to help me plan meals that would satisfy my cravings.   I also got a lot of support right here.  I'm not dropping weight as quickly as my husband, but this is the only diet I've tried that has kept me satiated.  What about you?  How long have you been on the low carb diet and how do you make it work for you?

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: How long have you been on the low carb diet? How do you make it work?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »
Katie Ann, my husband and I go on and off the low carb diet.  For us it depends on how our health is doing.  If his blood pressure is up or we're both gaining weight, we'll jump back on for several months until everything stabilizes again.  Our will power isn't strong enough to diet separately.  If one of us goes low carb, the other must follow.  It's an unspoken rule in this house.  :rofl:

Online Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »
Well I have been on it almost 4 years now. I'm not real strict all the time but mostly. :) It is a healthy 'diet' to be on. All my blood work always comes back good, everything within normal range, etc. So if you can stick with it and hang in there, it does do 'a body good'.

I'm finding there are a lot more 'carb friendly' foods out there now also which is a big help. You don't always feel like you are giving up everything you really like.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »
You look amazing, Jeanine!  I've looked through your photographs and you have a rocking face and body.  I have to admit that I look puffier when I eat a bunch of carbs.  And like you, our blood work and health got much better when we went on the low carb diet.  It really helped the blood sugar levels.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms