Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All I could do....  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Becki

All I could do....
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »
In 1999, my sister called me and told me she was dying and had 6 months.  I freaked out!  I started talking about treatments and hospitals when she cut me off.  She didn't want treatment.  She had been a microbiologist for many years and she said that she preferred to spend her last few months feeling as good as she could.  Chemo or surgery would just spread the disease and she would be too sick to enjoy her time.   I didn't know what to say.  I just stayed silent for a while, then I said, "What ever you need from me, just say!"  She asked me to what out for her girls (already grown) and come to help her die.  I told her it was done.  I took family leave in May and moved to the city where she lived.  I took a temp job to keep money coming in and we (my mother and I) watched her fade away until on July 3, 2000, she passed.  This was the hardest thing I ever had to do and I wouldn't want to ever do it again.  :(

Empty Nest Moms

All I could do....
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »

Offline Natasha

Re: All I could do....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:30:45 PM »
Becki, wow. I don't think I would have the strength to help my sister pass on. I imagine it takes so much out of you. I hope you were able to make peace with what happened.

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »
Becki, I am so sorry to hear this.  You are obviously a kind soul with a great big heart.  Your sister must have trusted you a great deal.  I don't know if I could have been as strong as you were.  I'll be thinking about you.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms