Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Natasha

Mental Health
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »
I think that a lot of people forget that they not only need to take care of their selves physically, but also mentally. I like to exercise to help clear my brain and relive stress. What do you do to take care of your mental health?

Empty Nest Moms

Mental Health
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
You are so right Natasha, you really need to keep yourself healthy 'mentally' as well as physically. I like to take long walks, sometimes by myself just to 'think' and sometimes with hubby or a friend. Even though we are retired now I like to get away with hubby for a weekend now and then just to get away from everyday life. Just trying to keep a fresh mind which helps me feel better as a whole.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »
Oh yes, so true! If I don't feel good 'mentally' then I'm less likely to want to do much. Just get kind of sluggish. So, I try to make sure that I am doing something uplifting to keep me feeling good. That way I am more of a mood to do some of those things that I don't really look forward to (if any of that makes sense!)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »

Offline CatMom

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Work actually helps me. It keeps me busy and feeling useful. To get a break from that though, I watch silly TV shows or read a novel. Exercise helps too, but I'm terrible at staying consistent.

Offline Becki

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
I agree with cat mom.  Working helps me to feel better physically and mentally.  Although the work I do is not for profit anymore, I work in my garden, my home and help my friends.  The truth being told, helping others really helps me feel better about myself.   :039:

Offline Natasha

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »
Glad to see that you all are taking care of yourself! I agree that work is a great way to help relieve the stress sometimes.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »
The discussion surrounding issues to do with mental health is one that I take really seriously. I have been at that place where I didn't seem to find joy in anything I did. I got up one day and told myself that I wasn't going to be too hard on myself. Depression is real and it is advisable to keep it at bay. Do everything you can to stay happy! That's what I tell myself each morning, besides ensuring that I don't sweat the small stuff.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 10:13:38 AM »
Trying to solve problems or answer questions in my head always works for me. I'm exercising my brain by doing those things, and it has the same effect on my mental health as taking a walk does to my physical health.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 10:13:38 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms