Empty Nest Moms

This is for general chat, if you are new to posting PLEASE make your first post in one of the topics below. Thanks!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 84 times)

Offline Natasha

Mental Health
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »
I think that a lot of people forget that they not only need to take care of their selves physically, but also mentally. I like to exercise to help clear my brain and relive stress. What do you do to take care of your mental health?

Empty Nest Moms

Mental Health
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
You are so right Natasha, you really need to keep yourself healthy 'mentally' as well as physically. I like to take long walks, sometimes by myself just to 'think' and sometimes with hubby or a friend. Even though we are retired now I like to get away with hubby for a weekend now and then just to get away from everyday life. Just trying to keep a fresh mind which helps me feel better as a whole.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »
Oh yes, so true! If I don't feel good 'mentally' then I'm less likely to want to do much. Just get kind of sluggish. So, I try to make sure that I am doing something uplifting to keep me feeling good. That way I am more of a mood to do some of those things that I don't really look forward to (if any of that makes sense!)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »

Offline CatMom

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Work actually helps me. It keeps me busy and feeling useful. To get a break from that though, I watch silly TV shows or read a novel. Exercise helps too, but I'm terrible at staying consistent.

Offline Becki

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
I agree with cat mom.  Working helps me to feel better physically and mentally.  Although the work I do is not for profit anymore, I work in my garden, my home and help my friends.  The truth being told, helping others really helps me feel better about myself.   :039:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »

Offline Natasha

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »
Glad to see that you all are taking care of yourself! I agree that work is a great way to help relieve the stress sometimes.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »
The discussion surrounding issues to do with mental health is one that I take really seriously. I have been at that place where I didn't seem to find joy in anything I did. I got up one day and told myself that I wasn't going to be too hard on myself. Depression is real and it is advisable to keep it at bay. Do everything you can to stay happy! That's what I tell myself each morning, besides ensuring that I don't sweat the small stuff.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms