Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pets & Disaster  (Read 1312 times)

Offline CatMom

Pets & Disaster
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
One of my girls is a student at a Florida university. She's probably not in a hot zone, though I've tried to get her to come home and bring her roommate and cat with her. She dared to say, "She'll be fine if we leave. Animals know what to do." I couldn't believe it!

She's been given a lesson about responsibility, but it makes me wonder, do you all who need one have a plan for your pets?

Empty Nest Moms

Pets & Disaster
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

Offline Katie Ann

Re: Pets & Disaster
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:18:11 PM »
"She'll be fine if we leave. Animals know what to do."
Of course they know what to do, they know to look to their owners to take care of them.

Really,  it's a shame your daughter feels that way, but it's something I've heard a million times over.  I hope your loved ones stay safe, including the cat.

Yes, I have an emergency plan for my pets.  They've been microchipped and they have bug out bags just like us.  I've also got a plan for my neighbor's dog who stays tied up.  I have industrial bolt cutters, an extra leash and harness, and a go bag for her all ready to go too.  We practice escaping disaster twice a year (except for neighbor's dog) but, I'm sure it won't be as easy in real life.  I'm more worried about a fire than anything else because there won't be much warning to get out and we have lots of pets. The dogs do pretty well, but the smoke alarm scares the cats and they scatter.  That worries me.

I feel so terrible for the people and animals who are going through such pain right now due to the hurricanes.  It has to be terrifying.  I pray for them daily.

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:37:34 PM »
I know a lot of people seem to think that and maybe in some cases they can fare ok but none the less, it is best to make plans for them and their safety if at all possible. They can only do so much for themselves and then they rely on their 'humans' to help them. I know there are circumstances where it might not be possible to take them with you but you need to do whatever you possibly can to help keep them safe.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:37:34 PM »

Offline CatMom

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:59:43 PM »
Like I said, she and the roommate got a lesson. Leaving her behind in a hurricane is not the same as being gone for a night or two. Yeesh.

Katie Ann, I love that you have a plan for your neighbor's dog, too. You're a true animal lover.

Offline Natasha

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »
I actually don't have a plan when it comes to my pets, mostly because I don't have any at the moment. However I have asked myself what I would do if there was an emergency and I just don't know.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms