Empty Nest Moms

This is for general chat, if you are new to posting PLEASE make your first post in one of the topics below. Thanks!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Talent?  (Read 72 times)

Offline Katie Ann

Talent?
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:26:10 AM »
Everyone has a talent whether it's public speaking, dancing, singing, playing sports, or something else entirely.  What is your talent?

I have a knack for playing musical instruments.  Guitar, piano, flute, and the xylophone are the ones I play the best. I can't carry a tune to save my life though.  I play the piano at church, but I don't sing in the choir for good reason.

Empty Nest Moms

Talent?
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:26:10 AM »

Offline CatMom

Re: Talent?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »
I'm a fast typer, does that count?

It's wonderful that you can play all those instruments! Bet it keeps you busy too. I'm always telling myself that someday I'll learn to do something new, but I can't say I'm talented at anything.

Offline cookielady

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »
I picked the username cookie lady because I love decorating cookies, cakes, and caramel apples. I've been decorating since I was 16 and got my first real tax paying job in a bakery. Wish I could turn this into a business to keep my mind off of my daughter being so far away. I have so much time on my hands now that my kids are grown.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »
I'm a fast typer, does that count?
Absolutely it counts!  I'm sure not a fast typist.  In my opinion, "talent" covers anything you're good at.  It doesn't have to revolve around creative arts.  Some people are talented quilters, organizers, decorators, gardeners, writers, or cyphers.  The list is endless.

Cookielady, I love that business idea and think you should check it out.  I took a cake decorating class and had a blast, but I'm terrible at it.  It takes real artistic skill to pull off and that's a talent few people seem to have.  How did you find out you're talented at it, or what drew you to that area?

My public school music teacher discovered I had a knack for music.  I was a shy kid who never volunteered an answer, but she called on me on to try the xylophone after her demonstration.  To both our surprise, I picked it up pretty quickly. She stayed after school to give me lessons for free because it helped me come out of my shell.  The xylophone eventually morphed into the other instruments.  We stayed in touch until she passed away.  I've never forgotten her kindness.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms