Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Island

Views: 1811
By: Jeanine
More spring Irises

Views: 1534
By: Jeanine
HT in a box

Views: 2012
By: sunflower

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Being nice  (Read 1431 times)

Offline cherie

Being nice
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:10:33 AM »
Are good manners self-taught? How come being nice doesn't occur naturally to some people? I tried my best to instill these virtues in my kids and it used to warm my heart when (at a young age) they would frown at people who failed to show some kindness.

Empty Nest Moms

Being nice
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:10:33 AM »

Offline CatMom

Re: Being nice
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
Manners are certainly not self-taught. In my line of work I witness a lot of parents reminding their kids to say "thank you" when I've helped them. Kids I can forgive because they are still learning. It's the adults that get to me. There are times I feel like I've bent over backwards to help someone just to be summarily dismissed.

A quick thank you is quite hard for most people. In some situations, like holding a door, I'll say "you're welcome" anyway to shame them. They probably don't even notice, but it makes me feel better.

Offline Natasha

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »
My mom taught me to be kind to others my whole life and it became ingrained. By the time I got to middle school, I realized that most people weren't taught the same things I was. I made sure to teach them what my mother taught me.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »
You can look around at the amount of narcissistic young people and see they were not raised like us.  My dil does not believe people deserve respect because of their title.. well  Jesus is a title, so is a judge or a policeman and they all have my respect..  so do my elders and  my parents (when they were living) etc..   

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:33:27 AM »
It worries me that we are living in a society where everyone lives for themselves. It doesn't harm to be nice and show some kindness but it seems that there are some people that only mind about themselves. It gets really annoying every time I bump into such people.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:33:27 AM »

Offline NanaBee

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 03:22:48 AM »
I cannot stand rudeness. It isn't hard to say "thank you" or even just smile an acknowledgment if someone has held open a door for you or let you pass or helped you.

The other day I let a woman and her child cross the road in front of my car. She didn't so much as thank me or smile or even acknowledge it. What sort of lesson is that she's teaching her kid. I dread to think.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »
I actually run into more mannered people than not. They tend to be rather quick with it, but they will acknowledge you if you do something nice for them. People also do good, little things for me as well. A quick wave if you let someone in your traffic lane.....a quick thank you if you hold a store door open for them. Things like that.

Offline cherie

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
Have you ever tried to be nice to someone, only to be met with resistance. I once went shopping with my hubby and came across this young man who was struggling to pick an item from one of the shelves. It was going to be easy for any of us to help (we are both over 6 ft) but just as I was about to spring into action, he told me to stop since he hadn't asked for any assistance. Is it that people have a lot to handle these days?

Offline Becki

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Kids these days are rude and entitled.  They never had to work while in school, never learned to change the oil or tires on their car (that you bought them), do not know how to say "please and thank you" or anything that we do unconsciously.  My parents were of the mind that "they brought me into this world and they would take me out" if I misbehaved or did not respect my elders.  Kids all use the F-word like it is a normal part of speech.  I don't know what we are going to do to correct this in our society.  Lord, help them when we are gone.  Sorry for ranting but this really gets to me.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms