Empty Nest Moms

This is for general chat, if you are new to posting PLEASE make your first post in one of the topics below. Thanks!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baby Bird Returns  (Read 107 times)

Offline CatMom

Baby Bird Returns
« on: August 28, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
My youngest decided to take some time off from school and struck out on her own. Now she wants to come back and be mommy's little girl again. She didn't say that, but I could hear it in her voice. I've been enjoying coming and going as I please and am afraid she'll cramp my style by expecting me to pick up the mom routine. How did you or would you handle the return of your kid(s)?

Empty Nest Moms

Baby Bird Returns
« on: August 28, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Baby Bird Returns
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »
Awww I bet life has smacked her down and she just needs some nurturing..  and she'll be back on her feet soon. 
For her to turn to you when she is down tells me she respects you along with loving you.  You are one lucky mom! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »

For her to turn to you when she is down tells me she respects you along with loving you.
Or she has nowhere else to turn, is out of money, and needs free food and lodging.  Just whichever way you want to look at it.  :dunno:

But at the end of the day, I'd always let my kids come home.  I might not be happy about it, I might worry that I'm hurting them by bailing them out, but I wouldn't be able to tell them no. 

Good luck, Catmom.  I hope things work out for you both!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
I'm always happy when my kids return home, whether it be for a couple of days or a couple of years. They understand that I have a life on my own now, but I still love them and will be there for them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »

Offline CatMom

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 03:18:55 PM »
She's welcome. They are always welcome and always will be. It's just going to be interesting to say the least. She's been the orneriest of the three and we've had our battles, so I'm hoping for smooth sailing.

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
She's welcome. They are always welcome and always will be. It's just going to be interesting to say the least. She's been the orneriest of the three and we've had our battles, so I'm hoping for smooth sailing.

Well, maybe she's matured since she first moved out.  It wouldn't be the first time a child left the home but returned as a mature adult.  It sounds like she's experienced some challenges along the way.  I bet she's grown from that.  I hope you have a peaceful household in the future and that it works out!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »

Offline Becki

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
When my daughter called me to "come and get me" I was skeptical.  After she came home for a short few months, I kept thinking about what someone told me once about an unruly child.  They said, "it doesn't matter about the terrible twos, the older they still have issues just different ones!"  Boy were they right.  Thank goodness, she is going back to where her father lives to start school again.  She is still just as much trouble as she was then it is just different issues, but I still love her immensely.  Just a thought. :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms