Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: They don't make them like they used to  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Maggie

They don't make them like they used to
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »
I've learned that modern isn't always the best choice.  Growing up, I always thought that "new" meant better.  New items were innovative, safer, and allowed you to do "more".  But sadly, I've come to realize that many modern items tear up easily and they cannot be fixed.  Appliances aren't as durable and you sure can't fix it yourself anymore because most everything is locked down my computer software.  The same thing can be said for vehicles and clothes.  It's a shame, but they sure don't them like they used to.

Empty Nest Moms

They don't make them like they used to
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: They don't make them like they used to
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »
I totally agree Maggie.  These days things are so complicated it takes a computer engineer to fix them.  At least when we were growing up I knew where the carburetor was on a car and believe it or not you could see the ground when you looked down through the engine.  Today there's so much engine in there, I wouldn't know where to start. 

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
I don't like these new HE front load washers at all and greatly miss my Whirlpool washing machine and Kenmore dryer.  I had both for twenty five years before they finally gave out.  New appliances seem like they're built to last long enough to get through the warranty period and that's it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »

Offline Indiana

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
There are economic formula's that explain why it is necessary, on a purely socially economic level, for items to have to be replaced. For instance, if light bulbs lasted forever, what would happen to the light bulb business? They would still make a profit from the new home construction business, but not nearly the profit they make from all of us having to replace our bulbs twice a year.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »
Where did the rain start beating us? There are very few items that are durable nowadays. Could it be that since most of these appliances weren't being produced in bulk, then it was harder to compromise on quality? I'd really like to understand what went wrong where, why and how!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms