Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Needy Dog  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Tesla

Needy Dog
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:06:22 AM »
I have a little rescue dog that is so needy.  She was abused by her former owner and since we have gotten her she has become so needy and has real separation issues from me since I am the one she has bonded with.  I keep hoping that time will help this but it hasn't as of yet. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Empty Nest Moms

Needy Dog
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:06:22 AM »

Offline Katie Ann

Re: Needy Dog
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »
Thank you for rescuing the dog!  I volunteer at my local Humane Society and not all dogs are that lucky.  In all honesty, she may never get over her issues, but you can certainly minimize them.  Is she destroying things when you're gone?  Does she just cry/bark when you leave?  Is she always underfoot?  I can give you better advice if I know what she's doing. 

Distractions tend to work well with most dogs.  Give her a Kong treat toy to keep her occupied.  Take a paper towel roll and add dog treats inside for her to knock out.  Or put the dog in another room while you hide treats around the house for a game of treasure hunter.  You might need to show her how to work these at first, but she should get the hang of it quickly.   You might use cat treats instead of dog treats just to save on calories.  What can I say, my pups are porkers.

Offline Maggie

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 09:34:48 AM »
It sure is stressful when a furchild is upset.  Thanks for giving an abused dog a home!

Sometimes it helps soothe their fears of abandonment if you leave a towel or shirt with your scent on it nearby.  I think it also helps if you can take them for a walk or play with them before you leave.  That way the dog won't have so much nervous energy pent up and will likely nap. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 09:34:48 AM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »

My daughter has one of these dogs Tesla.  She always leaves something with her scent on it by the door when she leaves.  If she doesn't the dog will go upstairs and get a pair of her underwear to bring downstairs and sleep on. 
 :rofl:

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
It's sad what a lot of rescue dogs go through or have gone through. I'd suggest taking your dog to a puppy retreat or a park where it can interact with other dogs.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms