Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Biscuits?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Katie Ann

Biscuits?
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:33 AM »
Biscuits are a breakfast staple.  They just are.  What do you cook and serve for breakfast that replaces biscuits?  I could use some help with this one.

Empty Nest Moms

Biscuits?
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:33 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Biscuits?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:26:37 PM »
Oh boy,  I want to hear this answer..    :dunno:

:cute group hug:   Katie Ann

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »
Toast!!  When I was growing up, my brother and I were pretty much forced to eat breakfast.  After I moved out I didn't eat breakfast for many years.  As old as I am, I still have difficulty eating anything but toast and maybe an egg.  Biscuits are a brunch treat for me.  I could just do brunch everyday and then a light dinner and be happy!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
Isn't toast loaded with carbs though?  I'm trying to lose weight right now, so I'm on the Atkins diet.  I could go for some bread.  I miss it. 

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
Have you tried any of the low carb wraps Katie Ann? Most are pretty good and you can find them in different sizes. The smallest is only 3 carbs I believe. They have others from 4 up to 6, just need to check the package. I make breakfast sandwiches out of them and also use them for other sandwiches if I'm hungry for one.

My favorite way of using them is to put some butter in a frying pan, melt then add the wrap. Make sure both sides are coated nicely with the butter then I sprinkle some cinnamon sugar substitute (on both sides). Careful not to burn, you can get it as brown as you like.

It taste almost like the sugar raised donuts that I love! It's great in place of toast and you can also do this and add a few fresh strawberries (mash a few up), then some of that Land of Lakes Whipped Cream (0 crabs!). Makes a great dessert. :)

(Link below! They have a ton of great low carb products)

Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 05:57:07 PM »
Thanks for the tips Jeanine.  I'm feverishly writing these down so I can grab the items at the store.  These will help satisfy our sweet tooth.  Thanks also for sharing the link!  My husband and I have lost quite a bit of weight so far and without going hungry.  I know it's a pain that some things are off limits, but the low carb diet is the only one I've found where I wasn't famished all the time.

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:17:37 PM »
Oh boy,  I want to hear this answer.
Ha, you sound like me!  It was hard to make the adjustment, but I've since learned to hold my nose and go for substitutions.  Sensible eating has never worked for me because I prefer the junky stuff and I consume too much in general.  I'm rather fluffy around the middle and I've failed with Slimfast, Weight Watchers, and a few other diets.  Low carb only works for me because I can still eat a lot of food all day long.   :13:

Jeanine, thanks for the great suggestions!  I never consider a making wraps or burritos.  I'll pick some up when I go shopping again.  That will satisfy my biscuit craving for a bit.  I'm glad I found you all.  I'm the only person on the diet that I know of and it gets a little lonely.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:17:37 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms