Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Empty nest - husband on my nerves  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

Empty nest - husband on my nerves
« on: August 21, 2017, 06:19:19 PM »
Oh dear, I feel horrible for writing this, but my beloved husband is on my nerves!  I guess the kids were a buffer because I never noticed his annoying habits before.  But, he adjusts his glasses a lot and he clears his throat too much.  He also reads over my shoulder when I'm reading a book or the paper.  We both work, but at home he wants to spend time together.  All the time.  Just us.  And I hate it when he follows me out to my garden and touches my plants.  I just had to get that off my chest.

Offline CatMom

Re: Empty nest - husband on my nerves
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »

And women are the ones labeled as clingy!

I lived with a guy like that when I was fresh out of college. Anytime both of us were home he was practically glued to my side, and I would get quite frustrated. What I started doing was suggesting a particular activity for us to do together, then tell him I needed to focus on this, that or the other. It worked sometimes, but occasionally he'd find a way to help me.  ::)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
I think that happens a lot, especially when one retires! Same as when you find it's just the two of now. No kids to buffer. You just look at the other person and think.....hmmmm, where did you come from! :) I do think that is all part of this empty nest thing. Parents have to adjust to each other again without kids around. Some are fine, some have to work out and well, some just don't make it.

Sounds like you need to find something to keep him occupied! Does he have any activities that he likes to do...golf? Bowling or anything like that? Maybe you could 'find' some special chores for him to do?

Good luck!

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
You just look at the other person and think.....hmmmm, where did you come from!
That's it exactly!  I'll think hmmm...why is that man always here.  :017:
Oh yeah, I married him and this is his home too.  But stay out of MY garden.  I'm going to suggest a hobby; he loved golfing before we had kids.  We have friends and we go to church, but it's mutual friends so we hang out together.  The golfing idea is a good one.  Thanks!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
Ha, when I was still married, I ran into this problem with my husband. I'd tell him more than a couple times a week to go away because I needed my space. He didn't take any offense, a lot of the time he didn't realize that he was hoovering over me for hours on end.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »
His is hilarious to me!!!  Look at the post already to this new thread!!  Ahhh  isnt marriage grand!   :rofl:

:goodpost:

Offline Becki

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 05:54:47 PM »
I can really relate to that.  My husband has become increasingly annoying too.  I guess he feels bad about our daughter being gone too.  He has become my only child now.   I don't know what to do but he seems to need me to help him with everything these days.  How did he ever do anything before she left? :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 05:54:47 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms