Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We don't know everything  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Kidless

We don't know everything
« on: August 15, 2017, 07:12:01 AM »
When I was a kid, I viewed grownups as being people that knew everything.  I felt like they had the answers to all my questions and had no problems at all.  Boy was I wrong.  The older I get the more people I see my age that have way more drama in their lives than when they were 16 and they don't have any answers.  Is this just me or what??

Empty Nest Moms

We don't know everything
« on: August 15, 2017, 07:12:01 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: We don't know everything
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 03:50:09 PM »
I think at our age there are not rose colored glasses and we see things for the way they really  are.  Maybe that is why you see so much now.  It's always been there.  I use to wonder why people that had 20, 30 or 40 years of marriage that would get a divorce at our age.  I use to think if you made it that far why divorce now, but now (although I'm not considering it myself) I do understand that some have had a belly full and have had enough..  Again, it's always been there but just now coming out.   :dunno:

Offline Tesla

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »

I agree with you MaryB.  To find yourself a divorcee at 50 or 60 years old would be scary.  But like you say, they just have had enough and it took that long to do something about it.  I hope that never happens to me.  I'm older and I don't have all the answers but like Kidless, I thought I would. 
 :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:17:09 AM »
I agree, Tesla.  They say we learn all our life till we die, but I wish I'd quit learning the heard way, from making mistakes..   lol   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline PattyD

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »
Kidless, when I was a young kid, I can say I felt the same way. It seemed my dad about everything. It was when I got into my teens that I started seeing things weren't the way I thought. He still knew a lot of things I didn't, but as I transitioned from high school to college I realized that nobody really has all the answers. Knowing that I don't know has kept me asking questions and looking for answers or learning to be okay with the uncertainty (of course that second bit isn't always easy).

Offline cookielady

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »
I find that many women my age (47 and up) actually want the drama. Perhaps they are inserting themselves in other people's business as a way to feel important and relevant. I had reconnected with someone a couple of years back (we were friends in junior high) but that didn't last long. She, after "re-evaluating" her life left her sick husband and started seeing another man. That caused so much turmoil on both sides, and this man and her "new" friends became her world. She stopped calling me after that.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »

Offline Maggie

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 10:31:53 PM »
I always thought grownups had all the answers and that in the end, they'd do the right thing.  As I grew up I learned that most adults are making it up as they go along and money talks more than anything else.  I make a point to tell a kid that I don't know the answer, but will find it for him or her.  I promise to get back with them when I'm ready.  So far, it's worked out. 

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 10:47:28 AM »
I agree, I just knew that when I was older, I'd be rocking this kind of wisdom that only grownups had. I was sadly mistaken.

Offline cherie

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 01:45:42 AM »
I used to feel the same way too and as the years advance, so do you begin to understand that there are many things adults have no idea about. As for divorce, I think couples should fight for their marriages to the very end, though you never know what people are going through until you walk a mile in their shoes.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »
I used to feel the same way too and as the years advance, so do you begin to understand that there are many things adults have no idea about. As for divorce, I think couples should fight for their marriages to the very end, though you never know what people are going through until you walk a mile in their shoes.

I am going to say this to prove this point...  we will go to church, me and my  husband, and while people see things look okay,  we will leave and him cuss me all the way home.    And I think that, that people do not know what people live with, what people put up with.  My husband has a anger issue..    no one knows what another person puts up with.  That's why God says only He can judge...  only He knows what we really go thru. 
(no sympathy please, just wanted to prove this is so so so true)

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »
Oh Mary, I know just what you are talking about! You never really know what is going on 'behind closed doors' so to speak. Some can put on a good front for others or to maybe convince themselves that things aren't really that bad so you just never know. I have a good friend that has been doing that for years. Most think that she has a really good marriage but being her best friend for many years, I know better! She just hangs in there though and tries to make the most of it.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 03:49:02 AM »
So true Elizabeth.  Your friend is lucky to have you.
You know life is not always how we imagined it when we were growing up is it   :dunno:

Offline Becki

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »
I can't stop learning because if I do, my mind will go south.  I know this because every time I don't work it seems to happen.  Working is part of who I am so I trudge on, day in and day out, learning as I go.  By the time I die, I will be a genius! :smileyholdingflower:   

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms