Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could turn back time.........?  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
If you could turn back time.........?
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
Would you? If  you could actually go back to any certain time in your life, would you and would you change anything or just leave things as they were not knowing whether or not  history would change?

Strong question I know. But do you ever wonder "if" you had done 'this' or 'that' different would things have been different or would fate still have come out the same in the end?

I'm a strong believer in fate and that things just work out the way they do....because. How many times do you look back at the things you were going to do but just didn't, times changed, etc. Like maybe going to move to a certain place and then decided not to or moved some where else or stayed put.... So many things over the years and I don't think we really know for sure if things would have been 'better', 'worse' or just the same.

Would like to see how some of you feel on this subject. Do you believe "Fate" has everything already mapped out and we're just in it for the ride (and hope that things come out ok).

Empty Nest Moms

If you could turn back time.........?
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: If you could turn back time.........?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 07:08:15 AM »
I have thought about this so many times Jeanine.  Especially the part about losing my son.  What could I have done differently to change this.  I still wonder.  However, I do believe God has a plan for our lives and I'm not sure we can change that.  I know he has given us free will but we somehow wind up on the right path.  If I could go back and change things I'm afraid it would affect everything else.  That's the reason God doesn't give us this option or the option of seeing into the future.  This is what I believe anyway. 

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »
I'm thinking this is something a lot of us have thought and wondered about.....would we really do it? I kinda think the same that 'fate' has already been determined from the beginning. Going back and being able to change things is kinda scary when you think about it. You aren't really sure just how things would turn out....better? Worse? Or still the same outcome. It's just something you don't really know. Decisions are made and outcomes are what they are. We just try and hope we make the right ones or can live with the ones that don't come out so well.

Takes some deep thinking Jeanine and I'll be interested in hearing opinions of others here too.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
I really believe we have decisions and from what we decide comes our lives.  I dont think there is only one way like most believe.  I can look back and see so many times I made the wrong decision, and hind sight is so smart isnt it..   but when I'm making the decisions I seem to mess up, like staying here when I knew my sis in law would cause problems and that my brother would side with her  (I know this because a friend reminded me we talked about it and yet I stayed)...  so I'm paying the price, see... 
Kidless,  did you lose your son to estrangement like I did, or like Jeanine? 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:35:25 PM »
I have thought about this so many times Jeanine.  Especially the part about losing my son.  What could I have done differently to change this.  I still wonder.
Gosh, that's quite the burden to bear.  I'm so sorry - words are inadequate here.   :big hug smiley sign:

I might be one of the only few people here who doesn't think much about changing things in the past.  It isn't possible to do, so why bother I guess.  I prefer to plan for the future and present day.  I should try reflecting more.  Might stop me from making similar mistakes.

Offline CatMom

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
I agree that all of us have undoubtedly thought about this. That's why they say hindsight is 20/20. I'm curious about a few things that could've gone a different way, but I chalk that up to curiosity of the unknown rather than the desire to change. As it stands, I'm happy with my path and my life.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline cookielady

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 04:35:37 PM »
If I could go back in time, I would, without a doubt change things. I never would have let my son go off to college (and so far!) right after high school. My son came back after only one year a very changed person. I felt in my heart he was not mature enough to go off, but my husband disagreed, so off my son went. Now that my son decided to drop out of college, we are slowly trying to get the son I once knew back and try to undo the influences of the "friends" he made over there. We have a long way to go......

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »
Cookielady, I'm sorry to hear about your son's struggles.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him!

I wouldn't change anything because I think my past experiences are responsible for making me who I am today.  I wouldn't be as hardworking, thankful, strategic, forgiving, or tough without the struggles and mistakes.  It helps me grow as a person which makes me a better worker, wife, mother, and Christian.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 07:00:26 AM »

Justus2 and MaryB.  I lost my son to cancer when he was 29 years old.  He left behind a wife and 4 small children.  His wife has since remarried and moved away so I never get to see the children.  Was this something that was supposed to happen?  I don't know.  Could I have done something to stop it since it was tobacco related?  I don't know.  He was an adult and made his own decisions.  For some reason we are not given the kind of sight to see how things will turn out and that's probably a good thing.  God has a plan.  It will be O.K. 
 :13:

Offline PattyD

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 09:30:10 PM »
JustUs2, I agree with you about turning back time. It would be an interesting experiment, but in the end, I believe things happen just the way they are meant to. I try not to spend too much time wondering about the what ifs; I've got to figure out what's next.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:59 PM »
Kidless,  my deepest sympathy..  I"m so sorry.  I didnt know.   You wonder how much pain the heart can take and continue to beat... 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »

Justus2 and MaryB.  I lost my son to cancer when he was 29 years old.  He left behind a wife and 4 small children.  His wife has since remarried and moved away so I never get to see the children. 
Can you try facetiming or skyping with your grandkids.  It's terrible that they moved away and you never get to see them.  Being around them might actually help you.  Maybe she's escaping the pain by moving away from something that reminds her of your son (you).  Gosh, that's tough.  I know it's useless information that doesn't fix anything, but I'm so sorry that happened and I'll be praying for you.

Offline Natasha

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
I actually don't want to go back and change anything. Even my mistakes, from which I learned so much and made me more knowledgeable than I was before.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »
I don't know.....I think I would leave things as they are now even though there are some things I wish I could change but then you don't really know what the outcome would be if you made those changes....if that  makes sense...

Offline Kidless

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:30:09 AM »

Justus2 and MaryB.  I lost my son to cancer when he was 29 years old.  He left behind a wife and 4 small children.  His wife has since remarried and moved away so I never get to see the children. 
Can you try facetiming or skyping with your grandkids.  It's terrible that they moved away and you never get to see them.  Being around them might actually help you.  Maybe she's escaping the pain by moving away from something that reminds her of your son (you).  Gosh, that's tough.  I know it's useless information that doesn't fix anything, but I'm so sorry that happened and I'll be praying for you.

I think that's the reason.  There are a lot of bad memories there for us both and I think she has moved on with her life.  I try to respect that but I sure would love to see those children.  I'll have to ask her about the facetiming or skyping.  Maybe that wouldn't be so bad.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:30:09 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms