Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gracious Way to Handle the Grandchildren Question?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

Gracious Way to Handle the Grandchildren Question?
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »
My daughter and her husband are having a hard time conceiving.  It's difficult for them to deal with and something they want to keep private.  The problem for me is that well meaning friends and relatives bring up the grandchildren question when they see my daughter and I together.  It's really just inane chatter, like asking about the weather or how one is doing.  Unfortunately, I know it hurts my daughter. She usually freezes up and sometimes she cries in the car afterward.  Is there a gracious way to head off these questions or a better way to answer so it doesn't come up again?

Empty Nest Moms

Gracious Way to Handle the Grandchildren Question?
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Gracious Way to Handle the Grandchildren Question?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:54:08 PM »
I can imagine how it feels when such a question keeps coming up every so often. It is even harder for your daughter and her husband to say anything since as you say, they have decided to keep it private. I wish people were more sensitive in such scenarios but what I know is that one day, you'll have several grandchildren. I wish all of you well.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 06:39:26 AM »
People are very insensitive aren't they.  You could always say something like "they're working on it" and then laugh.  Or you could just say "in God's time we will have grandchildren."  That should shut them up.  Give your daughter a big hug for me!! :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 06:39:26 AM »

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:17 PM »
A lot of people aren't trying to be vicious or anything like that, it's just a general inquiry. So, I'd say to reroute the topic or cut their question off before they can fully asking, redirecting their attention.

Offline PattyD

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »
One of my nieces experienced this too. People do mean well when they ask, but answering can be difficult. For a bit, I believe she told people they were holding off because of xyz. Like anything, it takes time. Eventually, she and her husband were blessed with fraternal twins.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms