Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Vegetable Noodles  (Read 739 times)

Offline CatMom

Vegetable Noodles
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
A favorite switch that I've made is mixing traditional pasta noodles with vegetable noodles. I don't mean the packaged veggie-infused pastas, but spiralized zucchini and carrot. I have to use two pans because the veggies cook up in just a few minutes. I make the pasta noodles as usual, but only use half of what I used to. I saute the veggies in another pan with a little olive oil. Once both sets are done, I mix them together and top with my sauce. It's a great way to enjoy pasta with less guilt and more veggies. It's a win-win.

Empty Nest Moms

Vegetable Noodles
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Vegetable Noodles
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »
Oh my gosh really!!!   This is excellent news.  I would love this and it would answer my problem to how much spaghetti we eat here!   Thank you!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »

Ahhh!!!!  I had not thought about mixing them.  I have the spiral cut thingy too and have only used it with zucchini.  The squash cooks up so quickly that if you don't watch it closely, it turns out too soft.  But mixing pasta and spiral squash would solve the problem.  I especially like the part about less guilt.  Thanks CatMom.
 :goodpost:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
What an awesome idea. I have been thinking about trying to make squash or zucchini noodles. I never thought of mixing them. How do you make the vegetable noodles?

Offline CatMom

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 04:30:07 PM »

I had no idea this would be so popular. I tried just vegetable noodles, but I was still hungry and ended up chowing down on extra dessert. So the next time I figured I'd mix them with regular noodles and see if that made a difference. It turned out great. I made it for company and they didn't even notice!

What an awesome idea. I have been thinking about trying to make squash or zucchini noodles. I never thought of mixing them. How do you make the vegetable noodles?

I just saute them with a little olive oil.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 04:30:07 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms