Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Options for hardcore sweets fans?  (Read 716 times)

Offline JustUs2

Options for hardcore sweets fans?
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »
My husband and I are both big fans of sugary treats.  Unfortunately, our waistlines are not fans of the stuff and protest by getting larger, and larger, and larger. It's best to head this off before we have to size up again.  Can you recommend some delicious treats that will satisfy our sweet tooth?  Gelatin isn't enough.  Neither is fruit.

Offline MaryB

Re: Options for hardcore sweets fans?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 07:55:19 PM »
Now you hit on my weakness!  BUT if I do eat fruit and not the white sugar, it will satisfy me.  Can you give it a bigger try maybe? 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »
It's fantastic that fruit satisfies your sugar cravings.  That's really the best way to handle it.  Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me.  I need the good bad for you stuff, thank you very much.   I'm going to try that coconut torte recipe that Jeanine listed here.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'd better do something before I devour a whole pie.

Offline Tesla

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:19:29 AM »
Have you done the "sugar free" thing yet?  That would take away the calories but not the carbs.  There are some delicious sugar free recipes out there.  I combat this urge every day by not having sweets in the house.  That's the only way I can overcome.  Good luck!!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
Yes, good luck JustUs2!!!   I know it's not easy and believe me I'm not living it now myself.  Once you 'fall off the wagon' it is difficult getting back on!   :cute group hug:

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:53:52 PM »
JustUs2, if you make up some of those Nutty Cream Cheese Bites and sweeten it to taste, that really should take care of that 'sweet tooth'! I like to have them handy for just that reason. Just pop one or two here and there. Seems to do the trick. :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:53:52 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms