Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Pinto Beans  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Kidless

Pinto Beans
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:03:46 AM »

I remember walking into my grandmother's house and smelling the pinto beans that had been cooking on the wood stove all day.  That was the best smell in the world.  I still love pintos with some cornbread and a hot pepper.  That's some good eating right there. 
:)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Pinto Beans
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
I lovvvveeee Pinto's and Northern beans! It's something I dearly miss eating doing low carb.  :(  But....every once in a while I'll make a pot of them. Lots of ham hocks added! I always liked my Northern with onions added (along with the ham hocks of course). My mother always made these so guess I just grew up eating them.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
Yep and they are cheap..  beans, of all sorts,  in all ways like bean salad, or beans and dumplings or beans with cornbread, are a big part of our diet.. along with the home made pasta..    :dunno:

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 06:42:33 AM »
You gals are kindred spirits.  I grew up on pintos, white northern, pork and beans and any other bean that comes out of the garden.  Being a country girl, we grew everything we ate and I made everything I wore.  Those beans sure do bring back good memories though.  I make a big crock pot full several times during the winter and have the kids and all the neighbors in.  They love it and I do too. 

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms