Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Cole Slaw (Dressing)  (Read 824 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Cole Slaw (Dressing)
« on: August 03, 2017, 03:44:14 PM »
Most of  your coleslaw that you get when dining out has sugar in it so it can have quite a bit of carbs. I have a dressing that I make that is 0 carbs! Of course I use the EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose  that I get from netrition size (0.05). I think Splenda makes a 0 carb liquid but I'm unsure how sweet it is. I like mine a little on the 'tart' side so only use about 4-6 drops. You can taste till  you get it how you like it. Makes approx 3/4 cup. Just chop up some cabbage when you want to make some and add it to it.

1/2 cup mayo
1 1/2 tlb. white vinegar
4-6 drops ez-sweetz 
Approx. 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (to taste)

Empty Nest Moms

Cole Slaw (Dressing)
« on: August 03, 2017, 03:44:14 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Cole Slaw (Dressing)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 04:38:10 PM »
That sounds good, Jeanine!  Is that an artificial sugar substitute?  Never heard of that one

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
Yes it is a 'liquid' substitute. I know there is a lot of 'conversations' going on about artificial sweeteners now a days but I figure give 'em time and they'll end up saying there not as bad for you as they thought! Things like that seem to change all the time.....bad for you not so bad for you, don't know where to turn sometimes!

You can get it here along with a lot of other sweeteners:EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose I haven't been able to find it in any stores as yet but still looking!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
Yes,  I use truila (?) for that reason thinking it is better for us.  Do you cook the same foods for your husband or make different meals for him?

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
Actually it's the opposite! I cook regular for hubby and son (older son is staying with us for a while) then just work around what I want to have. Usually means not eating something I may have fixed for them. I do try to have most of what I can eat without to much temptation. :)

That sweetener you use would probably work, not sure of the carb count, does it say on the label? It's mostly getting it to the point you like it, sweet or more tart. If you make it let me know how it turns out.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »
That's really helpful Jeanine.  Thank you

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms